Monday, January 21, 2013

Norman Rockwell at the Crocker!

Winter break is sweet because you have the opportunity to have all kinds of enriching experiences like visiting museums with your friends! A couple weeks ago some buddies of mine and I piled in my ancient Toyota Highlander and made a pilgrimage to my native home of Sacramento to see some of Rockwell's amazing pieces in person. Rockwell is my personal hero. It was actually his work which inspired me to become a professional illustrator.

Me being a poser.

Rockwell has an amazing sense of light and color which is lost in the prints for the Saturday Evening Post. Seeing his originals is a must! Open through February 3rd at the Crocker Art Museum, 216 O Street Sacramento, CA 95814. Student admission only $8.

1 comment:

  1. Too cool. He would be proud to have inspired you - I suspect.

    ReplyDelete